Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I've still got it...or at least some of it.

Not having run much from October through January, I was afraid I'd be back where I started so long ago--barely able to run a mile. Tonight I ran 1.5 miles, though. Yay! Actually I ran more than that (maybe 2.5 miles of a 4.75 mile workout) but the longest non-stopping-to-walk stretch was 1.5 miles. It wasn't too tough and I know I could have gone on longer by slowing down. I was pretty slow already, between 5.4 and 6.0 mph. I'm not too worried about fast right now. Even though my heart rate was up there in the 160's, it didn't feel like a big exertion. I might be kind of sore tomorrow, but it sure feels good to know that I'm not totally starting over and that it might not be as hard as I think to get back to running 10K.

No comments:

Post a Comment