Monday, January 18, 2010

Dang, it's hard to eat right.

Somewhere deep inside, I still think I HAVE to eat sweets if they are around, and I have to keep eating them until they are gone. Maybe it goes back to being a kid and never getting the good stuff like candy and chips, so at the rare times when we did have it, I'd hoard and gorge. Saving up for inevitable famine. Protecting myself from starvation. Trust sure is hard to learn, but that's what I'm working on this year--trusting that if God is faithful to give me enough in this moment, just maybe he's faithful to give me enough in the next moment, too.

On another topic, I had a great walk this morning. It was in the twenties, and I figured I'd freeze, but it really wasn't bad. I can make three circuits of the neighborhood in 60 minutes if I pump it up. Average heart rate is probably around 145-150 for the duration, and I think the distance is between 4.5 and 5 miles. All winter so far I've been avoiding outdoor walks, so I'm glad to find it really is helpful to get outside in the fresh air and it helps my motivation to realize I'm not stuck with the treadmill all the time.

And now I'm sitting here in sweaty clothes shivering. Time to get in the nice warm shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment