Saturday, February 6, 2010

Stepping up the Planning

At my weigh-in yesterday I was still at 164 pounds. I told myself to not be discouraged about it but to keep on doing what I know I need to do, but in the evening I caved and ate a bunch of chips and a root beer float. Not my best eating day ever. Today was much better. I kept my calories low--1400 calories--and I just really wasn't all that hungry. I think it made a big difference that I consciously chose fruits and vegetables rather than grains or salty snacks. I will try to keep that up throughout the coming week.

I also know that if there is yucky food in the house, I will seek it out, but if good food is readily available, I will eat that. So tonight I made four different crustless quiches chock full of veggies. Those will be my breakfasts this week. My lunches are usually fine--a sandwich or soup with salad and a fruit. It's the after-school snacks and evening munchies that get me, so I will plan those out. I'm also trying to get better about using the food I have in the house instead of letting healthy stuff go to waste because I don't get around to eating it soon enough. Planning should help with that. For some reason, planning stresses me. I agonize over it too much, as if the Planning Police will come and get me if I don't have a perfect plan. I gotta remember that a perfect plan is not the point--a helpful one is, one that will give me some direction and limits and accountability. But planning takes time, so I need to get off here and get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment